Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Not Today, Johnny...

Can't believe there was no one at the fishing hole this morning.  I started fishing at 9 AM from Johnny's Rock.

At around 9:30 AM, I heard hollering and hooting downstream towards the Cove.  This meant fish on!!!  They were coming my way!  Patiently, I cast back and forth expecting a hookup at any moment.  That moment came at 10 AM.  Bam!  Fish on!  It was the Green Pirate again!  My heart jumped!  This would be my fifth salmon!  Unfortunately, the excitement was short lived!  The fish became unbuttoned 😞


I went back to the drawing board the next hour and a half.  Picked up at 11:30 AM and headed towards the Cove.  Who do I see?
Cheech at the Cove
Brother Cheech told me at around 9:30 AM he hooked into a nice salmon.  He was by himself at the Cove.  He brought along with him a fish landing net with a modified handle.  He extended the handle so that he can land the fish a little further from the shore.  The fish fought hard and swam back and forth.  Anyhow, he had the fish tired out and hooked .  Or so he thought!  He went to reach for his net... But...  He released tension on his fishing line!  There went the fish 😞  That was what the hollering was all about, lol.

I fished with Cheech until NOON.  No more excitement for the day, unfortunately for the both of us.

Until next time....

Tight lines!!!

-JU







No comments:

Post a Comment