Pages

Friday, October 26, 2018

Seventh Trip and 20 Hours Later...

Friday - 10/26

The testing phase of SIREN is over!

You fortunate brothers who received a prototype of my lure may be holding on to a collectable item, lol.  After three years of testing, I have finally arrived at the working versions.  You have seen them here first!

SIREN, Code Name: Green Pirate!



SIREN, Code Name: Pink Squid!

SIREN, Code Name: Fire Ball!


These are handmade with lots of tender loving care.  And... more important, THEY CATCH FISH!!!

I visited the Oak Tree this morning at 9 AM.  Jeff and Lucky had been fishing since Dark Thirty, that's as soon as fishing was legal!!!  Jeff was at Location #1 while Lucky fished at Location #5.  I left at 11:30 AM, and the guys were still fishing!  I had a slight bump around 10:30 AM, but no hookup.  Lucky had a hookup at around the same time; however, the fish cut his 35# braided line clean.  He lost the Flying C that was attached to it.  Darn!

Peace & Have a blessed weekend!
-JU

Thursday - 10/25

Man, the Oak Tree is pretty popular.  Went by it at 9 AM and there were already cars there.  So I went to the Cove.  To my surprise, there was no one there!  Two guys fishing at Location #5 to the right of the Cove.  I fished from 9 AM to 11 AM without a hit.  The two guys had been gone since 9:30 M.  Don't know how long they have been fishing.  Anyhow, there were no one in sight!  Amazing!

So I packed up to go home.  I said to myself that I would go by Johnny's Rock, and if no one is around, I would make three casts before going home.

At the Oak Tree, already, Locations #1 - 4 were occupied.  However, two of my brothers, Lethal and Saint, were at Location #2 and #3.  No one was on Johnny's Rock.  I went between Lethal and Saint to make a cast.  On the second cast, I felt a bump.

"Hey, Lethal, I just got a bump."

On the third cast, I got a hit!!!  Man, the fish gave a great fight!  Lethal netted it for me.  Wouldn't you know it?  My GoPro was in the Fish Mobile!?!?!?

So this is the seventh trip since Salmon No. 3 and 20 hours by the shore.  God is GOOD!!!

Wild Jack, 6#, 25 inches

Wednesday - 10/24

Went beyond the Oak Tree to Location #5.  Today, just fished for two hours between 9 AM - 11 AM.  Mark was downstream past the Cove at Location #6.  He said that, yesterday, Kevin, fishing in the Cove, overheard us talking that the salmon have been coming by between 2 and 3 PM for the last week.  That conversation was at NOON.  So Kevin decided to fish until at least 3 PM.  He was rewarded with a giant at around 2:30 PM in the Cove.  Mark netted it for him.  That was the first salmon of the season for Kevin from the shore.  He caught one earlier in the season from the boat.  Congrats, Kevin.

That was it for the day.  Didn't see anyone with fish between 9 AM - 11 AM.

Tuesday - 10/23

Ran into Mark today.  This brother got 19 salmon so far this year!  Big, HOWEVER!!!  He fished 7 - 9 hours a day until he gets one!?!??  Wowza!  Most local fishermen are super dedicated like Mark.

Today, the river were swarming with fishermen between 9 AM - NOON.  Unfortunately, no one emailed the salmon, because none went by during that time.  We were scoreless during that time.  Mark planned to fished until evening... unless he gets one before then.

Lost another Pink Squid at location #5.

Monday - 10/22

Went past the Oak Tree this morning because I saw cars already parked there.  What!  No one at the Cove.  Hustled on down and almost tripped 😀.  Okay, the water was super clear, low and current super fast.  Great condition to nab a salmon today.

I see Troutzilla Man to my left at location #5.  We waved.  He fished an hour and didn't catch anything, so he left.

A few minutes in and I felt a super light bump.  Set the hook, baby!  Fish on!

See the video to appreciate the effectiveness of Green Pirate and...  JU's humor.


There you have it!  JU's first fish of the week.  I ended up loosing a Pink Squid today.  So I moved back to the Oak Tree around 11 AM when no one was there.  I was joined later by Dan.  We both fished until noon.  Didn't see anyone with salmon today.

God loves you.  Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment