Pages

Friday, October 12, 2018

Second Week of October

Friday - 10/12

SALMON FISHING IN THE SACRAMENTO RIVER FROM SHORE IS NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART!

At least for this year, if you wish to catch a salmon from the Sacramento River banks where I fished, you gotta put in your time.  Granted, this year, I fished at the most undesirable time from 9 AM to NOON; but, hey, you fish when you canπŸ˜€.

I feel extremely blessed just to know that the SIREN still works!  Just add water and some salmon!!!

I went by the Oak Tree today and there were too many cars already parked there.  I went to my next favorite place: the Salmon Hunter Cove.  I was joined by brother Cheech.  We both fished for three hours straight without a hit!  We saw an awesome walrus surfaced right in front of us.  Unfortunately, I couldn't chase down the video footage....

Have a blessed weekend.

Thursday - 10/11

Praise the Lord!  Good things come to those who wait....  I am still waiting, lol, 😁.

Today, I caught a new friend.  He came out to the Oak Tree because he said there were already 15 fishermen at the Dock when he drove by.  He took out an old school setup that had a 2-oz sinker, followed by a double bladed Silvertron spinner!  After a while, he donated the Silvertron to the river.  The weight was too heavy for this location.  I told him that if he catches a fish when my GoPro is running, I can post him on my new YouTube channel and give him a nickname.  He said he already has a nickname.  It's Cheech!  I have his permission to post his picture in this blog.  He said that there's a big salmon with his name on it and there's one for JU too.  He can't wait to be on my YouTube channel when it happens.

You and me both, brother!
There's a big salmon out there for you Cheech.
Another fisherman joined us because the Dock was crowded.  So, three fishermen today, but still waiting....

If you want to get the most current fishing news, you should SUBSCRIBE to the Johnny United Nation Fishing channel.  This blog will typically lag the YouTube channel...

Have a blessed day.

-JU

Wednesday - 10/10

Lucky scored another one after going scoreless the last 7 tries!!!  My brother, the Captain, fished from 7 AM to NOON and didn't get any bites.  I didn't see it, but my brother said that Lucky came by around 8:30 AM and said that he got an 8 pounder beyond the Oak Tree, at the Salmon Hunter Cove.

I fished from 9 AM until 1 PM with no bites either.  We were joined by Dan for about an hour.  He didn't get anything either.

So today's report is that three fishermen went scoreless between the hours of 9 AM and 1 PM by the Oak Tree.
Might as well enjoy the view.

God is good!

Tuesday - 10/9

Trucker was already fishing when I got there this morning at 9 AM.  He was fishing with two other individuals that I do not recognize.  I went to Location #4 to fish.  The others left around 11 AM, so I moved back and fished with Trucker.  I was testing out another one of my lineups: the Fire Ball!!!

Five minutes before noon, I nailed a...?????  What cha ma call it fish.  It was 3-lb and 21 inches!

Officially, the Fire Ball works!!!  Where are the salmon anyway?  We didn't catch any during the 3 hours that I was there.

However, there was one caught before I got there and one caught about an hour after I left.  So if you are willing to dedicate more than THREE hours per day, you may be blessed with one!

God is good!

Introducing: Fire Ball!!!

Bigger than the tiny salmon from last week, LOL.

Monday - 10/8

JU, Captain, Lucky, Trucker, Troutzilla Man, and Charlie fished from 9 AM to NOON.  Well, actually, everyone was already there when JU and Captain got there at 9 AM, LOL.  Super dedicated bunch of fishermen.

At the end of the session, Captain landed his first fish from the Oak Tree.  He has been fishing at this location for the past three years.  Talk about "super dedicated...."

The trippy thing is that the fish passed JU, Charlie, Troutzilla Man, Trucker and Lucky before getting to the Captain!  Once again, the last shall become first!  Where have I heard that saying before?


Check out the video at: Fish on for the Captain.


God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment