Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2018

Salmon Moving Through...

Friday, 10/19

JU already got another engagement and can't be out fishing today.  Any of you brothers want to send me pictures to post, you know how to contact me...

Have a blessed weekend!  I am praying for your success!  God is good! 
 
So far, the following statistics are for your enjoyment.  I may have to start selling my patent pending handmade SIREN, lol.



Additionally, up in my beloved mountain:
Brother Fish Whisperer is creating havoc and knocking 'em dead, rainbow trout, that is...


Thursday, 10/18

I was out by 9 AM and Charlie was huddled in his truck getting warmed up.  It was a cold morning and he has been fishing early.

We both went down to fish together.  I went to Loc. #1 because it has been the hot spot this week!  Charlie was at Lucky's Rock.  After an hour of "nada," I went back to Johnny's Rock.

Then Lethal and the Saint joined us at 10 AM.  Lethal occupied Loc. #1, while the Saint took Loc. #4.  These two have been out at least five trips with nothing so far.  But it all changed for Lethal at around 11 AM.  Yes!!!  Fish on!!!  I hurried over and captured the action on GoPro.  Hey, I should have a name for my GoPro. πŸ˜€

Anyhow, the skunk is gone for Lethal, who bagged a sweet chrome 10# wild jack!

Check out the action here:



Wednesday, 10/17

The whole gang was out there today.  Beyond the Cove, downstream (Loc.  #6), Mark and another guy were fishing; Cheech got the Cove; Lucky, upstream of the Cove (Loc. #5); Joey at Loc. #4; JU, Johnny's Rock at Loc. #3, Another at Loc. #2; and two fishermen at Loc. #1.

The guys were fishing way before JU arrived.  They still fished after JU have gone.  The only hookup was at Loc. #1.  The guy fought the fish for about five minutes before his 20-lb. braided line broke off!

Meanwhile, on other parts of the Sac. Riv., Fish Whisperer's friend hired a Service Guide and boated his first ever salmon!



Tuesday, 10/16

Today, my extra GoPro batteries arrived.  Except, I got zip today.  God is good!

However, my brother Trouzilla Man scored from Johnny's Rock.  Right when I got a snag and had to break off the line and donate my first Green Pirate to the river, Troutzilla Man throws a Flying C in front of me and nabbed a 13 pound, hatchery!  I got it on my YouTube channel.  If you subscribe, you would have seen the video today instead of waiting for my weekly summary on Friday.  Hint, hint....

Video:


Meanwhile, remember my brother Cheech that I met last Friday?  He came by with a whopper!!!

"Hey, Johnny, take a picture of me.  I want to be on your blog."  Said Cheech.

You got it brother!
Super chrome! 19-lb Hatchery Hen.


Monday, 10/15

Went by the Oak Tree this AM.  Saw several vehicles already there, so I went directly to the Salmon Hunter Cove.  Darn, another dude was already there also.  I found a nice open spot upstream from the Salmon Hunter Cove; this will now be known as Location #5.  Got it all to myself.  AWESOME!!!

I can see the fisherman at the Cove fishing.  Not sure what he was fishing for, but he threw his Flying C very close to shore.  He was using a small bass fishing pole.  The next two hours, he kept going back and forth from his vehicle to the cove with some different lures.  At one point, his lure made such a big splash, I thought it was a salmon jumping.  You know JU....  I immediately threw my Fire Ball in that direction.  Then, I realized it was his lure!  Good thing our lures didn't get tangled up!  May be he was trying to knock the salmon over the head!  LOL.  I'm just teasing, no disrespect meant.  I have heard people catching salmon on a bunch of different rigs.  Who am I to say?

Anyhow, the brother picked up and left at 11 AM, so I hurried over because there were two more fishermen downstream kinda eyeing the spot.  Nah, it's my imagination.  Nevertheless, I booked it over to the Cove.  Got it all to myself.  AWESOME!!!

Half an hour in and GoPro battery went dead!  It was 11:30 AM.  I ordered extra batteries and they're on the way; but, that is not helping my situation at that moment.  Got another half an hour of fishing to doπŸ˜‰.  I was throwing Fire Ball and Green Pirate up until then.  Got a big scare when Green Pirate got snagged!  I ha and hem for awhile before deciding to tighten the line and break off the lure😞.  Praise be God.  When I pulled up the line, I found that my Green Pirate was intact!  Only the hook broke off where the split ring connected it to the lure!  YEAH!  Spiderwire Glow-Vis Braid 20 lb test line just earned a satisfied customer.  So by default, I retired the Green Pirate for the day and was using Fire Ball!
One tough line!
At 11:45 AM, I felt a familiar tug....  Set the hook baby!  Darn, no GoPro.  The fish gave the best fight so far out of the previous two that I have caught!  She ran back and forth; until finally, I netted her myself!  She was a beautiful 8 pound, 26 inch, hen!!!

There you go.  This one took six days and 18 hours of fishing to get! πŸ˜€

God is good!

Fire Ball, baby!

Wild Hen - 8 #, 26 in.
Sunday, 10/14

I was supposed to go fishing with PRO in the American River, but due to previous commitment, I missed out on the First Salmon from the American River for 2018!

Conditions were tough... water level was low...  But you are talking about PRO!!!

He managed to get a fish on for a friend.  I am guessing that PRO was using sardine wrapped Kwikfish.  Any salmon, no matter how dark, that slams a Kwikfish, is a keeper!!!  If it's too dark for you, PLEASE, PLEASE call JU.  I want it!  The Captain will smoke it for me.  Yummy.

Will be a great smoker!

No comments:

Post a Comment