Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2018

Again?!?!??!

To all you Catholics Fishermen out there:  HAPPY ALL SAINTS DAY!

I believe most salmon fishermen are done with fishing for salmon in the Sacramento River at and around the Walnut Grove area, except for JU and Cheech.

I fished by myself at the Oak Tree between 11 AM and 2 PM today.  At the Cove you got Cheech and his son Anthony.  Beyond the Cove, the salmon gauntlet began with Mark.

At 1:15 PM, I heard commotions from the Cove.  At the same time, I got a grab on the Fire Ball!!!  However, just like yesterday, the salmon let go 😞

Just like yesterday, at the end of my fishing time, I came by to chill with brother Cheech.  His son Anthony was there, no longer fishing.  It was just Cheech fishing.  Cheech told me that after I left yesterday, he got another salmon.  He had the salmon already in the net....  The let was horizontal.  Before he got a chance to pick it up, the salmon shook off the hook and swam away!!!😧  Thus, he lost two yesterday!  Today, was another story.  His son, Anthony came by the Cove to fish.  Within half an hour, he landed a nice 12 pounder, already in the ice chest.  Hence, Anthony was not fishing.  The salmon destroyed his lure.
Shank all bent up.  Look at the tooth marks rip on the skirt of the lure.

Then, Mark came by the Cove.  He said he is still stuck at 20 salmon for the season, since we last spoke, which was TWO WEEKS ago!  For Mark, that's super tough because he fishes hard every time he comes out: 7 - 9 hours of fishing if he doesn't get one!!!!

Until next time, tight lines!

-JU

No comments:

Post a Comment