Pages

Friday, December 14, 2018

Every Fisherman's Dream

Since I purchased my parking pass, this is my third trip to the Ranch.  The first trip, I was skunk; however, I met a new friend that gave me his catch.  See this post.

Monday, I went to check out the Ranch again....  same result... skunk again.  😂

Today is another story!

I took FIVE ultra light fishing poles with me.  I came to the same location around 9 AM.  Toss in three casts with a jig - no hit.  Switch to Panther Martin spinner for another two casts - same result!  As a matter of fact, on the last cast, I got the line nested within the spinning reel!  It took me about five minutes to untangle the line.  👎

I have had enough, and decided to try a different spot!

At this second spot, I saw four or five fishermen about 200 yards from where I parked, while one red car parked several hundred yards to the left.  I looked down on the ground and saw water marks from a truck tires leading towards the boat ramp!  But wait a minute, there is no boat on the water!  NO ONE BY THE BOAT RAMP.  I got the whole place to myself!  I took the same two poles with me.  My jaw dropped when I looked at the water and the fish were bubbling by the hundreds!

I landed two trout within 5 casts!  Then another fisherman joined me.

At one point, I had a fishing pole rigged for the bottom while using lure with my other pole.  I had a fish on with the lure!  As I was trying to land the fish, the line on the other pole started peeling from the reel!  What a dilemma to have!  It's every fisherman's dream.  I landed both of the fish!

After I caught my limit, other fishermen around the Ranch started heading towards me.  It' a good thing, I am done early, because as I pulled off the parking lot, there were already a crowd of fishermen  zooming to the spot I was fishing!!!

The rest is history!



No comments:

Post a Comment