Pages

Monday, December 17, 2018

Back to the Ranch



It sure is different from salmon fishing!  The last two trips to the Ranch ended up with two limits of trout 😂

Once again, today, I went to Location #1.  Toss out five casts using the Thomas, with ZIP.

Like Friday, drove to Location #2.  Again, no one was there!  Saw some fishermen to the right like last time.  As I approach the ramp, I saw a school of around 20 to 30 trout swimming by....  I immediately used a bottom rig with pink and white mice tail.

Berkley PowerBait Floating Mice Tails Soft Bait, Pink


I had to use two white balls to get the bait to float 15 inches from the bottom.  The water was super clear and I saw the trout immediately took interest!  They kept gumming the bait and spitting it out!  So, I decided to use the Thomas with my other pole.

The next hour, I would try just about all the lures in my tackle box!  Not a single bite or any fish following either.  I decided to hold onto the pole with the mice tail and set the hook as the fish took it.  Quickly, I landed two.  Then, they stopped biting.  That's when I saw a big commotion in the water where the school of trout scattered!  Out came a huge monster trout a size of a six pound salmon!  Needless to say, I went back to my tackle box.  I swung all kinds to lures in the direction of the big trout!  During the next hour, I would see the monster trout two more times!  But, it did nothing except to scare the pan-size trout!

I went back to power bait.  I switched back and forth between mice tail and chartreuse power bait until the limit is caught!  So it took me two hours today versus a few minutes on Friday; but, hey, can't complain, the limit is caught!




On my way home, I stopped by Location #1 to talk to a fisherman.  Turned out to be none other than George from "George Gone Fishing" of Denio's Roseville.  Shook his hands... TWICE!!  I am a kid!

God is Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment