Pages

Friday, March 23, 2018

New Fishing Pond

At least for me, this is the first time I fished at this local pond.  I heard that SMUD stocked big trout here.
Decided to be lazy after awhile and sat in the shade 😀

I arrived around noon and saw a bunch of fly fishermen on float tubes.  There were a few boats too.  Since no gas motors are allowed in this pond, it is pretty quiet.  I saw a fisherman fishing from shore to the right of the dock, so I went left.  I had a pole with power ball and another with spinner.  I worked along the shore an hour without a hit, so I went back and talked with the local fisherman.  He said he didn't get any hits either.  Then I went to the right for another hour and a half before calling it quits.  Came back and talked with the local fisherman again.  This time he said he caught a small one and asked if I want it.  Does a pescotarian want fish?  "Yeah," I said after seeing that the "small" fish he caught was a 16-inch rainbow!!!  He said he caught some four pounders a few days ago and he didn't want this one.  There you have it: after fishing for two and a half hour, I caught ZIP.  My new friend caught one and gave it me.

A "small" 16-inch rainbow.  Wow!
I am living da dream.

Have a blessed day!
-JU

No comments:

Post a Comment