Pages

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Take Your Dad Fishing :-)

Hey, when my dad says he wants to go fishing with me, I am super elated.  Then reality sets in.  My dad is 89 years young.  All these worry thoughts going through my mind such as will he be able to walk down the embankment and will he be able to cast.  But nothing like some prayers and preparation won't cure.


I arrived at the salmon fishing hole at 7 AM and my brother the Captain was already there.  We helped dad walked down the embankment and set up his fishing rig.  He looked twenty years younger.  It was all worth it.  I brought a camping chair with me, just in case he got tire.  It was a good thing because after an hour, he said he was done.  He wanted to sit and watch his sons fish.  We fished for two hours with no hookups.

Opps.  Pressed the capture instead of video button :-)

He looks seventy :-)

Still not tire yet.


Then we were joined by Roger aka RainbowTroutMan!  He said he was fishing at the dock all morning with no bites.  He got up from his chair to move to a new location.  A guy came over by his chair, made two casts and...  BAM!  Fish on! Salmon landed.

So we took dad over to the dock.  Met the guy that landed the salmon, with fresh blood still on the dock.  I made three casts with no bites.  It was time to head home and count my blessings.

Mocha Latte....  I am blessed!


God is good!

Have a great day.
-JU

No comments:

Post a Comment