Pages

Friday, August 25, 2017

Striped Bass, Baby

Is summer really over?  For me, this may be the last day of summer.  The children are starting school next week.  As a last opportunity to fish with my three older girls before school starts, we put in two hours at the dock.

Thursday, 8/24

We were fishin' in the mornin' sun; we were fishin' on the dock of the Sac River. :-)  Just my girls and I.  We (well almost all of us) fished for two hours straight from 7 AM to 9 AM.

Number One smugly bragged that she cast for two hours straight without sitting down on the camping chair.

Number Two proudly confirmed that she too cast for two hours straight and was the FIRST one to sit on the camping chair. Somehow, it was more comfy to use the chair.  She also somehow managed to whack herself on the forehead with her fishing pole and has a welt to prove it.  It was an "ouchy."

Number Three can truthfully attest to almost fishing for two hours and if you press for more info, she may confess that she took numerous breaks--but only because she was tired.

JU - I am a happy camper.

The salmon going back to their spawning grounds were fortunate they did not cross our path.

One blessed JU :-)

Friday, 8/25

Today, I got an offer to fish with my dad and big bro in the Delta.  The Captain just purchased another boat and this was the first time I got to go on it.  I even got to drive it!  This new boat rode very smooth as compared to the old boat.  For around six hours, we were trolling for striped bass!  There were a ton of weeds!!!  We spent lots of time removing the weeds from our lures, which shortened the time that the lures were actually in the water :-).  At the end of the day, we were blessed with one keeper.

Keeper!

 Short video:


So, this week, I got to go fishing Monday though Friday.  That's one busy schedule you won't hear me complaining about! I am one blessed JU!

May God bless your weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Great catch! I was wondering when the Captain would be launching his new boat. :)

    ReplyDelete