Pages

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Success! Well sort of...

I went fishing in the Sacramento River this morning.  I got there at 7:30 AM and already there was a salmon on a stringer!  The fisherman at the location said he caught it with his first cast!  To my left was a fisherman that I have never met.  He said that this is his sixth time at this location and he has not caught one yet.  I told him I am in the same boat because this is my fifth time and I have not caught one either.

Around 8:00 AM, it was "Fish on!" for the fisherman to my left.  I dropped my pole to go help him net it up and he said, "This fish is yours when you net it up."

Wow.  I think I just made another fishing buddy!  Sure enough, he landed a beautiful 28-inch hen.  He just wanted the roe and gave me the fish.  I went home at 8:30 AM.

Praise God for His generosity through my fishing brother.

Better than going home empty :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment