Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

It's a Ten Pounder!

I got to the fishing hole at around 7:30 AM this morning.  Kingfisherman and RainbowTroutman were already there.

"I just missed one," said Kingfisherman.  "After a few minutes of fighting, the fish got off.  It looked to be a six pounder."

I moved to the left and started practicing my cast with a casting reel.  This is a big accomplishment for me.  This pole has the same setup as the spinning reel pole.  After about ten minutes of casting, I switched to the pole that caught the salmon on Monday.  By the way, brother "Pro," this is the same pole that I landed the first salmon from the American River with you from the Fish Seeker.

Anyway, about another ten minutes of casting and I felt a slight tug.  Bam!  I set the hook and it was, "Fish on!"  After a few minutes of fighting, I was able to beach her.  It turned out, she got all three of the prongs from the treble hook in her mouth.  She was not going anywhere except to our oven for dinner tonight.

Thanks be to God.  It only took me two trips or 120 miles for this salmon :-)

This lure has caught two salmon

No. 2 for the season

Still swimming around after half an hour on the stringer!


No comments:

Post a Comment