Pages

Monday, November 16, 2015

Finally!!! JU's First Salmon From the Banks.

This morning was my 13th time out to the Sac River trying to land a salmon using the Flying C.  In my last blog posting, I shared with you how I got the low-down scoop on how to get one.

I got to the fishing hole around 8 AM and there was already one fish on the stringer from the RainbowTroutMan.  It looked to be around 20 pounds.  Also, KingFisherman was there (the guy that gave me the salmon from Tuesday, Nov. 3rd).

Introducing: RainbowTroutMan!

Now, I'm thinking, "Did I miss my opportunity again?"  But being the forever opportunistic fisherman that I am, I believe every cast is a potential.  So I used the setup that I learned on Friday and started casting.  It was cold and windy this morning.  The water was choppy too!

Around 8:50 AM, after many casts, I felt a tug and immediately set the hook!  I felt the hook set into some meat and it was:  "Fish on, baby!"

She fought hard for a small salmon and I was very pleasantly surprised and blessed.  I drove 760 miles, and spent more than 14 hours for this salmon :-)

JU's 1st salmon from the banks!
22-inch, 5 lbs, hen

2 comments:

  1. Well designed site. Remember always incoming tide. Rick

    ReplyDelete
  2. KingFisherman - Your advice is very much appreciated. JU

    ReplyDelete