Pages

Saturday, May 18, 2019

Bassin' In Between Storms

Rain is expected today in SacTown.

Yesterday was a break from the down pours from the two days before that.  The day started out with a very light drizzle.  However, by the time we got to the fishing spot, the drizzle stopped.  It was a cloudy day.  I have just purchased a bunch of roboworm and hooks from Bass Pro Shop.  I was ready to do some bass fishing with Grandmaster Fisherman at Folsom Lake.

We typically would drift with a live minnow on one rod while trying out different techniques with the other rod.  Since I am a novice bass fisherman, I can only concentrate on one technique at a time.  Yesterday, I would just dragged the bottom with a roboworm.  I got so many hits, but I have not learned how to set the hook properly.  I did managed to net my personal best fattest bass!!!  But if you observed the video, you will see that I could have easily lost the bass.  I did not have a very hard hook set and did not put much pressure on the bass initially....

It's a football :-)



This was inside the bass' belly!

It's always a fantastic experience fishing and learning from Grandmaster Fisherman.

Here's the latest video:



Peace out,
-JU

No comments:

Post a Comment