Pages

Friday, January 4, 2019

Got Fish?

Yesterday, I made a tutorial video showing how to make a simple trout rig for catching stocked trout in the SacTown area.  For the most part, it has been a very successful rig for me.

Here's the video:


Today, I went in search of trout to get some YouTube shots of the rig in action.  I found fish, 800 pounds of them!  Unfortunately, the rig didn't workout as well as I'd liked.  The single size 6 hook that I was using was very difficult to set the hook on the fish.  I can see the fish swallowing the bait, but I missed a lot of hook set.  So I suggest if you are taking kids or new fishermen, you should try to swap out the single size 6 hook, with a treble size 12 or size 14 hook.  It will make the hook set better.

With that many fish, you can just about use anything and get your limit.  I tested out several techniques and ended up using a white with yellow tail trout stinger!  Almost every other cast, I would land a trout!

Trout Stinger



Twelve Inchers

Video:

May God bless your day!
-JU

No comments:

Post a Comment