Pages

Friday, May 18, 2018

2018 First Shad Trip

Went fishing with Patriarch, Captain, and Excitable Fisherman today.  This is my first shad fishing trip for 2018.  The current was not running very fast.  We found a bunch of fish on the fish finder at around 25 feet depth, across from Miller Park.  We missed a few and landed seven total.  For shad, that's very little for four fishermen fishing six hours!

However, I enjoyed every moment of it.  I didn't even keep the fish.  Watching my dad (Patriarch) enjoyed fishing was my reward!

Lots of huge logs passed by the boat.  We lost several rigs due to snags.  Be careful out there....

Finally, while I was helping Captain land his fish, I put the net down; and the fish hopped right in to it!  Captured it on GoPro.  Check it out!

God bless,
-JU

No comments:

Post a Comment