Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2018

Striped Bass Fishing Red Hot!

Hey, that was the message I got from WizTech.  So you know I can't refuse an offer to go fishing in the morning.

I was at the Sac River way before 6:30 AM.  Paid for my parking, and later on was informed by WizTech that no parking fee is accessed for vehicle with no boat trailer?!?!?  Duh!  I was out 8 bucks before the day started.

On the bright side, on the first cast, I landed a fish!!!
Darn!  Not quite a keeper😁
We were joined 15 minutes later by a friend.

For the next two hours, the three of us kept on landing a bunch of little dudes....
Another little dude?

Around 9:00 AM, the friend caught a sucker fish around a foot long.  Immediately, I hooked it on and tossed it out hoping to catch a big whopper!

That's when it happened....  MY FISHING POLE SNAPPED!  This was the second time that I had broken a fishing pole in my 40 years plus of fishing.  Except that the last time my pole broke, I actually landed a 6-pound rainbow in the process.
Mental note to self: Do not use a ONE pound fish as bait from shore 😆
Since I didn't bring an extra heavy pole for striped bass fishing, I went home....

A short time later, WizTech sent me a picture and said that about 20 minutes after I left, he got a keeper!  God is good!

Have a blessed day,
-JU

No comments:

Post a Comment