Pages

Friday, October 27, 2017

The Week of Hits and Misses and Then Some...

FRIDAY - And Then Some...

During this past week, I had the pleasure of fishing three hours each day.  As my constant companion every morning was my reliable JU tumbler, given to me by my sister Rischel.  Thanks, Sis!  It contained black coffee to keep me perked up as if I was not excited enough 😀

Also, with me was my reliable salmon destroyer fishing rod & reel from the shore.  I mentioned this because the salmon destroyer fishing rod & reel from the SSS (Salmon/Steelhead Slammer) is different!
Blessed to get this rod on clearance at Walmart for $15.00

Reel: $10.99 & 20 lb braided line $2.00
Get the reel here when it's back in stock: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Outdoor-Angler-Spinning-Reel-30/30655482.  This rod/reel combo has bagged me 5 salmon so far....

This morning, Lucky and I fished at the Oak Tree for three hours with no hits.  However, I witnessed for the first time in my three years of fishing at this location, dare I say, a salmon rolled!!!  I was ecstatic because for the past three years, my fishing brothers have been asking me regarding, "Have you seen a salmon roll yet?"

"Sure, in the American River, but not here," came the reply.  Here's a short video for the day:



Now, I can up my Sacramento River salmon fisherman rank to the next level.  I have experienced loosing a fish after it had been hooked, loosing a fish by the net, landing a fish by hand as the hook fell off, landing a fish in the net, then the hook fell off, etc....  God is Good!!!


Meanwhile, I sent my brothers to the American River and this is the result:
20 lb American River Salmon



THURSDAY - MISS

Put in 3 hours today at the dock with Princesa.  There were ten total fishermen.  No fish at the end of the period.

WEDNESDAY - HIT

Today, I am all by my lonesome again.  First big hit was a snag!  Had to donate the Green Pirate Squid SIREN to the river.  At 7:55 AM, bam!  Fish on!  The excitement was short lived as the fish came off after fifteen seconds 😢  Just as the three-hour fishing time was up, another bam!  Fish on!  This would have been the third fish lost by the Pink Squid SIREN.  But God is good!  This time I was able to land the fish: Yeah!



TUESDAY - MISS

Wayne came by and fished with me for an hour, then he said:  "This is boring, there's no fish.  You wanna go fish at a different spot?"

I just smiled and waved, baby.

Saw a fly struggling on the water.  I should have pointed my GoPro towards that direction because instantly, a bass jump out above the water in the process to swallow the fly!  Looked like a scene from a nature movie!

No takers today for the entire three hours and one hundred and twenty casts!

God is good!

MONDAY - And Then Some...

Started fishing at 7 AM.  Casted continuously until around 9:30 AM to get a first hit!  THAT'S A HUNDRED CASTS!!!  The Pink Squid SIREN was way out in the river, when it got the first hit!  The salmon missed the mark, so I slowed down the retrieve speed.  A few seconds later, the fish bit again and was hooked!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment