Pages

Friday, July 21, 2017

Homemade Spinners

I am so very excited!!!  God is good.

Remember at the end of last year's salmon fishing season, I made a bunch of spinners?  Well, here in Sac Town, salmon fishing season started Sunday, July 16th.  Today, I woke up before the rooster crow and got to my fishing spot around 5 AM!  Since legal fishing time was one hour before sunrise, I started fishing when I can see my hands with my naked eyes, which was around 5:15 AM.  Only about a third cast, I felt a tug already!  Or maybe it was a dreaded snag!  I don't want to loose my homemade lure!  About 15 minutes into fishing and bam!  Fish on!  It was way too light to be a salmon.  As it turned out, it was a bass!

I was joined later by brother Dale aka Lucky Fisherman.  It was a pleasure catching up and shooting the breeze with him.  I fished with Lucky until 7 AM with no further fishing action for both of us.  I came home to wake up my family for morning prayers.  My son, the Monk, didn't even know I went fishing?!??!!!  God is good.

Victim of the S.I.R.E.N.
With God's grace, I have a very good feeling about this coming salmon season and the S.I.R.E.N. (Salmon Inviting Rotating Enchanting NOOSE!!!).  Except today, the bass was a victim instead????  It was let go because it was only 6 inches long?!?!

Peace out,
-JOHNNY

No comments:

Post a Comment