Pages

Saturday, July 1, 2017

Another First...

This morning it dawned on me that as I turn 53 years old, I should strive to jog 5 miles under 53 minutes!!!  Then I woke up :-)  I missed my mark by over a minute :-(
JU missed the mark by 69 seconds :-(

Now on to fishing...

I took the crew fishing yesterday (Fishing Friday).  With my nephew and friends, we were nine fishermen all together!!!

We arrived at Loon Lake around 9:30 AM.  There were two fishermen with three fat, football-size rainbow on their stringer, estimated at about 1 pound each!  I got all excited.  We set out our fishing poles loaded with power bait and night crawlers floating at various lengths from the bottom.  We sat in the shades waiting for some action!
"little j" is patrolling the fishing rods...
By around 11 AM, no one got a bite!?!!?  And the bank was loaded fishermen! 

A little while longer, our fishing pole on the far right corner went bonkers, up and down!!!  The kids were screaming, "Anyone gonna get that?"  I rushed to turn on my camera to video tape the action.  FW - no, not my brother Fish Whisperer, but rather my nephew Fishing Wonder - who hasn't seen any fishing action in a while, was chosen to bring in the fish.  I was content video taping the occasion.  The fish fought hard, and I was beaming with joy that FW was gonna have some awesome footage to show mom and dad.  My daughter, Ms. Vitality, netted the fish.  And it was...  first ever...  in my thirty years of fishing the Sierras... a freaking huge, big...  sucker fish!!!  I didn't know sucker fish can survive the cold water.  To add insult to injury, my phone experienced a glitch and did not record the moment!!!

I searched the Internet and found a picture of the sucker fish that looks just like the one we caught, but did not take a picture of...
Sucker fish.


We picked up around 1:30 PM to head back to Sac Town.  By then, there were around 20 fishing poles out and we were the only one that landed the sucker fish.  I spoke with the two fishermen that had the three fish on the stringer.  They were floating night crawlers four feet off the bottom and they caught their fish early in the morning.  They too had not caught any thing while we were there.  Not one of our baits was touched when we picked up to leave....

Ms. Vitality, "I must be crazy to be fishing at Loon Lake :-)"

God's country.

Next Fishing Friday?

Peace out,
-JU

No comments:

Post a Comment