Pages

Friday, July 28, 2017

GeoDUDE Fisherman

It was a super nice day for a trip around the mountains to escape the heat in Sac Town.  I brought a few fishing poles along....
Is this enough fishing poles?


Today we were blessed to have The Captain and his lovely wife joined us.  We left Sac Town and met up with WizTech at our usual MCD in Placerville.  We then continued on to Dark Lake and arrived at 9 AM.  I set up four fishing poles with power balls for the troop and started to hike around the lake.  Half way across the lake, casting and retrieving a Kastmaster in the process, I had no bump.  But then I heard the beeping sound of the diesel truck backing up.  Could it be?  It must be!  A fish truck!!!  I started running back across the lake to where the troop was.  There it was....  A fish truck!!!  But I guessed that already :-)
100 pounds or 300 pounds, that is the question....


I neglected to mention that today, I also took a new fisherman with me.  Although he is an excellent basketball player, he had never fished.  Thanks be to God, the fish truck came because we were not getting any bites.  I am happy to report... I got him "into fish."  So he now can brag that he caught his very own first fish in California, USA!!!
Introducing...  GeoDUDE Fisherman!

 This place that we visited is very magical; the beauty is hard to beat.
East side of the lake.

By the boat ramp where the fish was stocked.

However, the fishing wasn't that great today.  The water temperature was warm, so DFW staff stocked 100 pounds instead of 300 pounds of trout.  I had a nice conversation with him.  Due to the warm water temperature, the fish mortality rate was high and around a dozen newly stocked trout floated belly up :-(  The staff was a rookie.  He asked me where Wrights Lake was??!?!?

This is JU signing out...  God loves you.  Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment