Pages

Monday, November 14, 2016

Not so Fast! One Mo' Salmon for 2016?!?!

I honestly thought that the salmon season is over!

Which one of these modified lures is the winner?

They don't look pretty, but they will do for next season!

Neither!  I donated the winning lure back to the infamous crawdad trap.  Read on my friends....

Many moons ago, when salmon fishing was banned in the Sacramento River, I purchased a bunch of Blue Fox #5 spinners for $1.00 each.  I tried using them earlier this year, but because they are light (7/16 oz.) as compared to the Mepps Flying C's (7/8 oz.) lures, I had a hard time casting them out and keeping them near the bottom where I would like the spinners to be.  Since the salmon season is over, or so I thought, I decided to modify the Blue Fox lures and lighter Mepps Flying C's and make them heavier.  I tested them out in my brother's swimming pool and they spin great.  But I explained to my daughter, "lil' j," that as in an experiment, the swimming pool is a controlled environment because it does not have running current like the Sacramento River.  Therefore, I must now test out my modified lures in the field to see if they work.  I brought one fishing pole with me and all seven of my modified lures to try out.  I thought I would give each one a five minute test run in the Sacramento River.  The first lure I cast out spin to perfection and I put it back in my tackle box.  I then put on a pink modified Blue Fox lure.  I didn't like the way it spin.  It was very inconsistent.  But on the second cast, before it even hit bottom...  I felt that familiar tug!  What the heck, I didn't even retrieve the lure yet.  However, I set the hook, quick!  Oh yeah, I was super blessed!  FISH ON!!!




32" - 13# Hatchery Jill

God is good!

To me, it is truly a miracle!  I thank my Father for blessing me with another salmon for 2016!

Tight lines.  Fish on.  God loves you.

This is JU signing out!

2 comments:

  1. God is so awesome! My goodness brother it is great to witness the blessings He has given you. What an amazing video. I just can't stop watching it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, God is so good. As you see in the video, I just can't stop praising Him!

    ReplyDelete