Pages

Friday, September 28, 2018

Back 4 More Action; or, Rather, No Action

Friday, 9/28

There were lots of traffic this morning to the fishing hole.  I was the twelfth car back behind a slew of farm equipment making their way to work on Twin City Road.  Got to the hole at 8:30 AM.  And Lucky just netted a 7 pounder!  That's his TWELFTH for the season!!!  He fouled hook it, so he let it go.

The next three hours, there were 8 fishermen (JU, Lucky, Lethal, Dan, Smooth Operator, 3 kids)!!!  However, not a single bite!!!

Now JU is up to EIGHT DAYS & TWENTY FOUR HOURS of salmon fishing.  I thought muskies were the fish of a thousand casts!  I believe I am way more than a thousand casts by now 😀

Until next time....  God is good!

Thursday, 9/27

Got a chance to go out fishing earlier today.  Fished from 8 AM - 11 AM.  Fished with Lucky and Dan.  Same results: NO FISH.  Seven days, 21 hours, and counting....

Wednesday, 9/26

Decided to try fishing a little earlier today, but it wasn't early enough!  Got to the site around 8:15 AM; Ruben told me a guy came by, fished for 20 minutes, landed a salmon and took off!  Ruben got a striper on the stringer.

I started tossing my line out and...  within TEN minutes...  FISH ON!!!  The first bite after 15 hours of fishing!  It's looking good!  Then my joy quickly faded as the fish spit out the hook 😭  So it was back to the drawing board.  Got it on GoPro though....

Drag screamed for one second!!!!!!!

Five minutes later, brother left of me got a fish on!  He was using Rat-L-Trap!!!  For salmon!!!  Said, that's how he's done it!  He has been fishing for twenty times just to land two salmon.  So I was super excited for him.  However, he was perturbed when he landed the fish!  It was a bass!  Good for me, since he didn't want it; he gave it to me.  It was a legal sized bass!  Not gonna go home empty handed today 😂

Nice bass.

Later on, Damian and Lucky showed up.  Picked up at 11 AM with no further action.

God is good.


Tuesday, 9/2

It's a family union out there today.  Fished with Lethal Fisherman & Son, Lucky, Francis (my son's Godfather), and Doug.  Yes, the same Doug from yesterday.  He said about half and hour after I left, he landed a nice one about 10 pounds!

Before I arrived, Lucky had just hooked into a monster salmon!   It broke his 15-lb test line.  At around 11:30 AM, Lethal hooked into a salmon downstream from the Oak Tree.  As his some was going for the net, the salmon rolled over and broke off his 30-lb test line!!!

Monday, 9/24

Back to the drawing board.  This time I met Lucky who is now up to ELEVEN salmon for the season.  However, today there was nothing coming through.  I eventually fished with Lucky's boss, Allen, and Minh.  At the end of the day, another 3 hours with no salmon.  Just as I left Doug came.

Here's a collection that King Fisherman gave to me last Friday.  Rick said he's thinking about moving out to Cali and no longer has the use for the lures.  Yours Truly was blessed to be there and graciously accepted his gifts.


No comments:

Post a Comment