Pages

Friday, September 21, 2018

Back 2 the Sac River

Friday, 9/20

Third trip out and same results.  Skunked.

It was a fishermen reunion out there today.  I fished with King Fisherman (Rick), Smooth Operator (Javier), Dan and two other guys.  Not a bite.
 
Thursday, 9/20

Put in my time again today.  Second trip out to the Sac. River.

Fished with Lucky for three hours.  Dan, Lucky's coworker were with us for the first hour.  He got a nice hit around 11 AM.  Unfortunately, the hook did not stick.  Lucky saw a quick silver flash as the fish darted away.  That was the only bite of the day 😞

On the bright side, I did not loose any lures today.  Also, Lucky has so far landed NINE salmon, with the biggest being 21 POUND!  Awesome!

Wednesday, 9/19

By taking me fishing last Sunday at the American River, PRO reminded me how much I miss fishing for salmon!!!  So I sneaked out to put in my time at the Sacramento River.  I leisurely arrived around 10 AM.  I recognized a friendly face right away; it was brother Calvin.  He told me that on Monday, 9/17, he lost one just as the net was lowered!  Darn!  He has been out six times total with just that one that got away.  This was my first time this year throwing my SIREN in the Sac.  I was super rusty because after three hours of fishing, I managed to loose two of my favorite lures: DOUBLE PINKY SQUIDS & DOUBLE BLADED GREEN PIRATES!!!

It was just Calvin and I, and we were skunked.

No comments:

Post a Comment