Pages

Monday, September 11, 2017

Lucky Strikes!

Went salmon fishing this morning and took the usual route.  Passed by the old oak tree and saw Lucky's truck.  Proceeded to the dock.  That was a mistake.  I arrived at 6:45 AM and there were a bunch of fishermen there already.  Don't these guys sleep :-)  Anyway, fished there for half an hour with 11 other fishermen.  It was all the combat fishing I could take for the day.


I left the dock and went back to the old oak tree.  By the time I settled, it was 7:30 AM.  Went to say hello to Lucky and as we greeted, he struck!  BAM!  Fish on!  Just like that.  I got to return the favor and netted his first salmon for the season, a nice, wild, 15-pound hen!  God is good!

Winning Lure: Pink body, gold blade Flying C.

15-pound, wild hen.
 Video of Lucky's first salmon of 2017:


I asked Lucky to text Roger, who was fishing at the dock.  Then we were joined by Roger.  Three of us fished on until around 9:00 AM.  Then I felt a slight bump :-)  BAM!  Fish on!!!  Landed my first fish on my new homemade lure that I named One-Eye TOAD.

One-Eye TOAD S.I.R.E.N.
 You have to see the video to appreciate the first catch from One-Eye!!!



Lucky and I left at 9:30 AM.  Roger got the whole place to himself.

I prayed that Lucky would catch a fish and he did.  I also prayed that I would catch a fish and I did :-)

God is good!

-JU

No comments:

Post a Comment