Pages

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Return to Bass Land

I learned something new today.  I went to purchase some minnows for bass fishing and my jaws dropped when the cashier told me it would be more than 30 bucks for two dozen of minnows!!!

"Wait!" I said.  "Last week we got two dozen for around $18.  Has the price increased?"

"Nope.  The price is the same," said the cashier, "$1.25 per minnow."

"In that case, just give around 18 bucks' worth of minnows."

It turned out I bought the wrong size minnows because minnows come in four sizes: small, medium, large, and jumbo!  Yes, I said to the cashier: "Give me two dozen of large jumbo minnows."  My bad...  or, so I thought!  I was supposed to buy large minnows NOT jumbo minnows :-)

I had an epic, epic, bass fishing day!  GMF hasn't had a day like this in awhile, from what I am told.  What is this epic day?  How about both of us limiting out in two hours of fishing?  How about the mistaken "jumbo" minnows caught bigger bass?  What a great blessing!

God is good!!!

A beautiful day.  Lake Folsom has lots of debris from the recent rain.
Cool Captain GMF!
Seriously, each weighs more than 2 pounds!!!
Do not try this, kids... unless you have attained the level of Grandmaster Fisherman!  GMF caught most of his fish on a BROKEN reel!!!

Here's the video of the six of ten that was landed:




Here's a video of the one that got away :-(



Tight lines!  I lost one because the line was not tight!  Then again, GMF lost the very last fish because his line was too tight :-)  He abandoned his broken reel that landed many fish and proceeded to pull in the fishing line by hand!  There was no drag and the line was super tight!  The fish came "unbuttoned" by the boat!!!  I will treasure this beautiful day for a very, very long time!

Tight lines... for real this time.  May God bless your day!

PS:
Korean style

Chinese style

JU's style :-)


2 comments:

  1. JU what an awesome catch. Both you and GMF are tearing up the catch. I've never fished Folsom, but after this I'm going to get some minnows. Awesome job to you both, these are some very nice fish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave aka "Fish Whisperer" - Thanks, brother. Very soon... It's gonna be trout fishing in the Sierras. Send pictures. I gotta feeling it's gonna be an awesome fishing year because of all the water that we have been getting.

    ReplyDelete