Pages

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Da Boys Are Back!!!

Exactly a week ago I got an invite to fish Folsom Lake with Grandmaster Fisherman (GMF).  That was the day that I landed my first fish for 2017!!!

Today, I am out fishing with two of my favorite fishing  brothers, GMF and PRO-Fisherman (PRO).  We fished Lake Camanche.  This is my very first time to the lake.  Once again, we were bass fishing.  Since this lake does not allow live minnows as bait, we drifted night crawlers.  And because night crawlers twirl around and can cause line twists, the setup requires a swivel.  So it's just like drifting a minnow, but with a swivel before the split shot.

I have started a second bass tackle box!




How many fishing poles?  I love it!  Always ready for action.
 
There is an entrance fee for this lake.  If you decide to go, make sure you check the latest information from this Website: http://www.norcalfishing.com/camanche/entry.php

I can finally say that this is my first success at bass fishing.  I caught a bass on a Gary Yamamoto Hula Grub; caught one on drifting a night crawler; and, caught one on jerk bait.  All are first for me!!!
First bass on a Hula Grub


Did my homework...
It was fantastic seeing GMF and PRO in action.  They used all kinds of tricks and caught and released a bunch of bass.  We managed to keep a few....  GMF even caught a big crappie!  Unfortunately, I am out of practice with my GoPro and was only able to capture a few of the fish
ons!!!

Here is the video:


More pictures of the day:

PRO ready for action.

Keeper!

California vulture or condor???

GMF

Lake Camanche shore

Two happy, happy fishermen!!

JU - Signing out - Tight lines!




No comments:

Post a Comment