Pages

Saturday, August 13, 2016

Up to the Mountain, JU!

I didn't look at the weather forecast for SacTown yesterday because I went up to the mountain instead.  My beloved mountain where I have explored for the past 25 years; and yet, there is always something new and exciting every single time I am blessed to make a reacquaintance.  For instance, yesterday, I got to visit three lakes that I have never been to.  I fished in two of the lakes and caught fish in both!  The access to the lakes is by dirt roads that would normally deter me; fortunately, WizTech took his 4x4 vehicle.  Even at that, to get to one of the lakes, we had to hike a two-mile round trip with a 7-year-old.  Good thing "little j" is a great outdoors person.  She must hang around with some cool dudes :-)

Testing out the panorama feature of my cell phone.



Still pretty cold at 8:15 AM.

Second Lake - Destination in sight!  Just hike down a few rocks :-)


I don't know, dad.  You may have to give me a piggy back ride.

Darn.  Free water taxi and we forgot to bring our oars and life vests.

Maybe the fishing is better on the other side, JU.

This is pretty awesome.

Another free water taxi?

Uh, don't touch that rock.

Beautiful native brookie that was caught and released safely.


14" native Cutbow that's going into the frying pan.

1 comment: