Pages

Thursday, August 28, 2014

The New Adventures of JU

I can't believe it was just last week that I was cleaning out my desk at work and getting that last piece of work completed before my retirement party.

I've worked as a public servant for the State of California for the past 26 years, where the first part was with the Department of Transportation and the later part was with the Air Board, two world class leading agencies.  It was a joy to come to work everyday!  I can understand how single people or mature people with grownup kids can opt to work way past their seventies.  I might consider myself one of those people.  However, I am blessed with the Miracle Squad, of which I still have four at home to attend.  Now, my new adventures, besides more fishing, would include more cooking, cleaning, and teaching.  I believe I just got promoted to a CEO position with less pay :-)

As I indicated at my party, I thank God first and foremost for all the people that I am blessed with.  It's a cliche, but words cannot express the way that I feel and I butchered them badly thanking all those present at my party.  I neglected to mention way more names than I did; I neglected to mention people that wanted to come, but couldn't; I neglected to mention the presence of my dad and siblings (but my big brother was there and came to the rescue - that's what big brothers are for); I neglected to mention people that took me out before the actual party because they wanted to make it extra special; but, I digress...  Please, forgive me.

Following are pictures and videos from the party!

Food spread on the left.

Food spread on the right.

Thank you friend, for putting this together.

Miracle Squad, Mrs. Miracles, and Grandparents.

People that came.

Fishing buddies.

Friends from LA.

Friend from SacTown.

More friends.

Three of my bosses.

Left to right: Da Wiz, Mr. Destroyer, JU, Ace.
What a surprise that the Patriarch showed up.

Desserts: Lunch of champions.

The gentleman in the middle retired a few months back.

Big brother, the Captain, saved the day.

Younger sisters, dad, and stepmom.

Fish Whisperer and the Rock Fisherman.

I have the pleasure of sitting next to these wonderful people at work.

 
Some people that came.


Speeches.

Saved by big brother, the Captain.

No comments:

Post a Comment