Pages

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Last Trip for Salmon in the American River?

What a big difference to drive half an hour to a fishing hole versus two hours.  Don't get me wrong, it's definitely worth it to drive two hours to one of my favorite fishing places where I got my super powers, the Carson River!  However, half an hour's drive to my other favorite place where the Pro got his powers - the American River - is awesome!

"Shazam! Shoot, wrong magic word.  Fish on!"

Bam!  JU, the Ultimate Fisherman!
To prepare for today's trip, I decided to paint my own plugs and test them out in the American.  I'm not a big fan of treble hooks, so they were replaced by single hooks.  The gold painted plugs were cured for six days while the silver ones for five days.  After 4 hours in the water, the silver plug started to peel.  The gold plug was in the water for 2 hours and remained beautifully intact!

The last four salmon boated were on silver plugs.

Video of tuned plugs in action.
One of the Pro's many friends, Officer Dan, stopped by.

What a crowded river...  not!  Video of salmon.
Another beautiful day of pulling plugs, but no takers this time.  We pulled plugs from 11 am until 3 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment