Pages

Friday, July 19, 2019

2019 Salmon Season in California, but I Digress...

Hello Family and Friends,

It's been awhile since I last blogged.  But if you are proficient with videos, you may have noticed that I have been busy with updating and editing the YouTube Johnny United Nation Fishing channel.

Lots of good things happening in my life right now and I will be slowing down with blogging, but increasing videos for the YouTube channel.

First off, last week, I got to visit my friend Sifu Jody Perry at the Marinoble's Martial Arts & Kickboxing School located at 188 Cirby Way #110, Roseville, CA 95678.

Sifu Jody is releasing his book, a training manual for wrestlers, grapplers, and mixed martial artists.  I was very honored to be invited to this event!  Additionally, while I was there, I met up with Dave Marinoble.  What a fantastic individual and an all around great guy!  It turned out, we both learned Wing Chun Kung Fu from the same teacher, Sifu Eddie Chong.  What a small world.




If you are interested in the Martial Arts, check out the Marinoble School.


Now back to fishing....

The salmon season opened on July 16th here in Sacramento, CA.  I was busy making more salmon spinning lures.  Can't wait to show you guys when I land a salmon with these new lures.  I retired the four prototypes that caught the four salmon last year.  To be honest, I didn't want to donate those lures to the river since I have proof that they worked!

I have been fishing for the last three days in the Sacramento River near the Walnut Grove areas with local fellow salmon fishermen.  So far, no one has landed while I was there.  We did see some salmon rolled, so that's a good sign.





I will be on vacation for the next couple of weeks, fishing in the Sierra...  and yes, fishing in the East Coast!!!  Stay tuned for future info.

God loves you.

-JU signing out

No comments:

Post a Comment