Pages

Thursday, June 13, 2019

Bank Fishing for Shad from the American River

I saw a YouTube video last night showing shad on the American River at a location that I recognized.  So when I woke up this morning at 5:30 AM, I decided to go test it out.  Unfortunately, I was not prepared like I usually am because of an impulse decision to go shad fishing 😂

I got to the location at 6:30 AM and there was already a fisherman there.  I only had two split shots with me and lost it due to a snag about half an hour into fishing.  It was a good thing my new found friend had extras to give me.  He had been fishing since 6 AM.  He saw one shad swam by earlier, but had not gotten any bites.  The next hour or so both of us were taking turn tossing out our rigs....  Then there was a boat that sped by.  I got a hit right away, but miss the fish.  My friend caught and landed his....  He took off around 8:30AM

Catch and release: Lone fish of the day...

I tried for a total of three hours with a couple of hits, but couldn't land any?!?!?!  I lost about four or five rigs and decided to call it quits.

A fantastically beautiful day for fishing....

Here's the video:


God is good!

Until next time, peace out.
-JU

No comments:

Post a Comment