Pages

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Do NOT Set the Hook!


Ever gone fishing where the weather is perfect and the fish are biting, but you keep on missing fish and loosing your bait?!?!!  That's what happened to me today.

On previous bass fishing trips with GMF, I used Kahle size number 10 hooks.  I have learned not the set the hook, just reel and land the fish.  Unfortunately, I was confused between Octopus size number 8 versus Kahle size number 8 hooks.  With Octopus hooks, you need to set the hook, but with Kahle hooks, DO NOT SET THE HOOK!  Today, I was using Kahle size number 8 hooks and I set the hook every time  I got a fish on....  I missed most of fish and lost my bait in the process...  LOL.

It was a short fishing trip.  Despite all my mistakes, GMF was super patient in teaching me the art of bass fishing.  I was very grateful to bring a few home for dinner and invite the grand parents over to enjoy the catch of the day :-)

I think it's a "Fish on!!!"
As usual, GMF strikes first!

It's JU Time!


After many YouTube videos, I am slowly getting the filleting down :-)

Mrs. Miracles suggested we make soup out of these.

I didn't get to try these panko styled fillets.  They disappeared quickly :-)

I got to devour this delicious soup.  At the end, there was nothing left but bones.

Thank you GMF!!!  We got to invite mom & dad over for dinner.

Video of the day before the battery in the GoPro ran out of juice:


Peace out,
-JU

No comments:

Post a Comment