Pages

Monday, July 11, 2016

One Tiny Trout Made The Appointment

One of the beautiful things about living in SacTown is a day trip up the mountain to escape the heat and do some fishing.

Our stop before our destination :-)

So the last Fishing Friday, the 8th of August, I decided to head up to Caples Lake to a spot behind the dam.  I haven't fished at this location for at least 5 years....

The crew and I got there around 10:30 AM and lobbed out about six poles with Berkley power eggs.  We waited about an hour and not one fish nibbled.

Clear skies at 10:30 AM.

I walked to my left and spoke to a fisherman that was there before we arrived.  He didn't get a bite either.  Came to find out, the fisherman is from the same town as I.  However, I finally found a fisherman with more super powers than I.  He left SacTown at 3:00 AM to get to the lake by Dark Thirty!!!  That is so very awesome!  We exchanged information and cell numbers for future fishing trip, then I proceeded to hike along the shore with a 1/16 Panther Martin, behind a 2-foot leader, with an 1/4 oz. sliding sinker.

"Watch the poles," I instructed the kids.

Along the shore at 12:30 PM.

Along the shore at 1 PM.

Another view at 1 PM.

About a mile in and a lot of casts, but no bite, surrounded by all the beauty, it was very difficult to head back....  But head back, I did.

I was greeted by the children around 2 PM with an interesting story of the one tiny trout on the stringer.  It mounted to no one was watching the line :-)  The Fishing Ninja was credited with the safe, by walking out to the stump where the fish wrapped itself.

The fish didn't see him coming :-)


I haven't caught a fish all year :-(

That's it for now....  Tight lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment