Pages

Monday, May 2, 2016

It's Shad Time

I went fishing on Friday, April 29th, with my brother and his brother-in-law.  And yesterday, Sunday, May 1st, I went fishing with my brother and my dad.  We targeted for American Shad, supposedly, President George Washington's favorite fish.

On Friday, we sat around for about three hours, from noon at high tide until 3:00 PM, without a bite.  Then, from 3:00 PM until around 4:30 PM, the action was nonstop.  We had double and triple hookups!  We landed 17 fish total!  I know it's not a lot as compared to others, but I am one happy camper.  I was using light fishing gear, so each fish landed was a thrill!  At one point, the Captain got a hookup and he started to fight the fish; after a few seconds, his drag screamed as the line went straight out and never stop! Eventually, the line broke off!  We thought perhaps a big striped bass swallowed the shad and took off.  We will never know....

Yesterday, we fished from 3 PM until 7 PM.  However, only one fish was landed.  I did hookup with a monster fish!  You gotta see the video to believe it.

Until next time, may God bless your day!

TWO fish at the same time on one line!

The Captain landed the first fish (Friday, 4/29):


Sportive Fisherman with his $250.00 fishing rod & reel (Friday, 4/29)!

A triple hookups for the brothers (Friday, 4/29):

Maybe a big striper swallowed the shad; we never got to see this fish (Friday, 4/29):

Fish on for JU (Sunday, 5/1)!


Using light fishing pole, JU got to fight this monster fish for three minutes (Sunday, 5/1)!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment