Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Striped Bass at the Port

I received an invite to go fishing with Grand Master Fisherman last week.  I was jazzed that the day is finally here.  I woke up at 6 AM to bake potatoes for the kids.  I did extra work the day before to have my youngest get ahead of her school work so that I can enjoy my fishing trip.

I met up with GMF at the Port in West Sac around 9 am.  We trolled around the Port using a jig on the bottom and a diver on top.  We didn't get any bites.  So GMF moved to a different spot down the river.

Shortly after arriving at the new location, GMF hooked two "head shakers" or undersized striped bass as we like to call them.  But not before long, the first keeper was boated; it was 10:25 AM.  Further along, GMF got another nice strike: fish on!  I was busy video taping when we realized that the fish was going to need a net man.  Thus, I hung my camera around my neck and picked up the net.  A nice fight ensued until the fish was boated: It was a 27-inch, 7 pounder!

I was still dazed from my last trout fishing trip and I managed to land two striped bass on this trip also.  They were both trout sizes and were released :-)

I was home by lunch time to join my children.  What a blessed day!

9:10 AM

10:25 AM: First keeper of the day.
 
No net-man needed for the first keeper.
10:40 AM: 27-inch, 7 pounder!

 
Sorry, no GoPro here.  Just the camera hanging from my neck :-(

Trout-size striper that was released.

No comments:

Post a Comment